Train Smart, race Fast
In the game of triathlon, a lot of the key moves happen in training. There are so many tantalising decisions to make that will affect the outcome:
- Am I training enough? Or too much?
- Can I perform well for this race and still do the things I enjoy outside of endurance sports?
- Can I improve on my weaknesses AND maintain (or improve!) my strengths?
- Will following x,y,z fuelling stretegy give me the edge?
Having a bespoke plan which is tailored to your life, your goals, your body means less precious time and energy wasted. You can really focus knowing every arm stroke, every turn of the pedals and every step is taking you where you want to go.
How we coach
Along with plenty of face-to-face contact (whether virtual or in-person), we use leading online tools to manage your training and enable effective feedback. This gives you a continuous exchange of information with your coach and ensures you get the right advice at the right time.
Our sessions are designed to be varied and interesting to keep you motivated and eager for the next challenge. We also include strength and conditioning plans as standard to keep you strong, powerful and injury-free – if you’re not a regular in the weight room then we can be there with you, until you know your snatches from your deadlifts!
Learning about you as an athlete and individual and making a masterplan
- Initial face-to-face consultation
- Processing and reviewing on-boarding questionnaires
- Goal-setting discussions
- Preparing an annual/season training plan
MONTHLY COACHING SERVICES £120
Monthly triathlon coaching package (once on-boarding process completed)
- Fortnightly training plan updates
- 1 face-to-face meeting per month
- 2 scheduled calls per month
- Unlimited messages
1:1 SESSION £50
Additional face-to-face coached sessions (North Herts area)
- From £50 (depending on venue costs)
- £5 per session discount for athletes using monthly coaching services
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Leslie Hook: Abby was a wonderful trainer for my first triathlon. She is very thoughtful, detail-oriented, and encouraging. I was amazed at how much I improved once I started working with her, about three months before my race. She also helped me work through an old injury – she was very adaptable in finding ways to work around the injury. I’ve learned so much from Abby, about my own fitness and about the triathlon discipline. And it’s been really fun along the way! Now we are working together for my second race, and I can’t wait.
Thea Palmer: It was great to have a structured plan created for me so that I knew how to use my time to best effect when training. Importantly Abby understood my baseline fitness and tailored the plan so that the sessions were always achievable. Therefore I was able to complete them successfully and get the sense of satisfaction and achievement from that process. I don’t think I would have made it to the start line of my triathlon without the help of a coach.